Alastair is the founder, Managing Director and Design Engineering
Consultant/Technical Lead of Sanstec Design. He has over 25 years experience
of working on all areas of the design, development and engineering processes
required on a large variety of projects in a wide range of industries whilst
utilising CAD and CAE software, Creo, Solidworks and Autodesk for conceptual
design, development, engineering and design for manufacture.
Normally under a 'contracting services/direct services' type structure he
continues to provide a Mechanical Design Engineering capability/capacity to
organisations within various industries and disciplines with extensive
history and a specialised application of the design and development of
products using plastic injection moulded components.
In all industrial sectors he continues to typically provide:
- Design innovation and concepts.
- Designs for prototype fabrication, engineering analysis and evaluation
and design interpretation.
- Interrogation of complex assembly in products and systems.
- The creation of appropriate fixture components for analysis and testing
- Product realisation and visualization presentations and renders.
- Part modelling, assembly construction, integration and management.
- Product Lifecycle Management (PLM).
- Design for Manufacture (DFM).
- CAD conversion, complex/simple and/or bulk - inside/outside of PDM
- Technical/commercial consultation and support on a wide range of
products, prior to and during release to the market.
- Organisational structure consultation, creation and development within
product design, development and delivery companies.
Within Industries such as:
- Pharmaceutical, bio-medical and medical devices.
- Industrial printer/printing, print systems and cabinet/enclosure/system
- Household and domestic consumer appliances.
- Battery and mains electrically powered/motorised domestic and
professional robotic/manual, DIY and garden tools equipment.
- Motorcycle exterior design.
- Telecommunication/communication applications
- Military vehicles/systems
Working for companies and organisations such as:
42 Technology, British
Gas, Soda Club, BOSCH and
When not in the office involved in projects and subsequently in front of
a CAD machine, he has a passion for retro and classic cars, especially
Fords, from the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s. He spends time in the Sanstec workshop,
alongside other engineering projects, renovating, restoring and rejuvenating
them, hopefully returning them to their ‘former glory’ whilst being inspired
and motivated by the engineering challenges that they bring.